Not sure what you need to get started? You probably already have the right equipment. If you’re not sure, contact an Enrollment Advisor.
Basic word processing, internet browsing and Microsoft Office skills are required.
Students utilizing the Blackboard learning system should have the following minimum hardware and software listed below:
PC Computer Requirements
- 2.0 GHz processor or higher
- Windows XP or higher required. You may experience difficulty with Windows Vista and it is not recommended.
- 1 GB of RAM required (higher is recommended)
- CD-ROM drive
- 4 GB free hard drive space
- Internet service provider (ISP); broadband connection recommended
- Microsoft Office 2000 or higher (to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Internet Explorer 6.0 and/or Firefox 2.0 or higher browser(s). Internet Explorer 8 may have a few functionality issues with the online course environment so it might be best to have a back-up browser. Other browsers may allow classroom access, but not all functions will operate correctly and are not supported
- Virus Protection Software
- Plug-ins: Java 1.4 or later, Adobe Acrobat Reader, Adobe Flash Player, Adobe Shockwave, QuickTime, and Windows Media Player
Mac Computer Requirements
POSTED BY: ec_admin - July 21st, 2009 at 03:12pm ( 4 )