Guide to Social Justice
Every social worker needs to understand the principles of social justice, so that they can carry out their work more effectively. The code of ethics of social workers is derived from social justice values, and it enables them to make the right decisions and solve problems when they are providing assistance for the unfortunate. Social workers who have profound knowledge of social justice will be able to handle all types of clients, because they will know exactly what is expected of them in different situations. Here are links to websites that offer more information about social justice.
- History of US Social Welfare: Information about the history of the social welfare structure in the US.
- Poverty Statistics: Records showing the number of Americans who are affected by poverty.
- Child Welfare Statistics: Statistical data on child welfare in the US.
- Informing the Welfare Debate: A document that discusses welfare reform in the US.
- Food Stamp Facts: Questions and answers about food stamps.
- SNAP: Find out more about the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program provided by the USDA.
- Poverty and Social Justice: Collection of articles that are related to poverty and social justice.
- Social Welfare Resources: Excellent databases for social welfare research.
- Health Care in America: A document that discusses various aspects of the American health care system.
- Medicaid: Comprehensive information about Medicaid.
- Health Care Reform: The latest information on American health care reform.
- Health Care Expenditures: Statistics for various health care expenditures in the US.
- Universal Health Care Debate: The pros and cons of universal health care for Americans.
- US Health Care Limitations: An article that reveals the limitations of the US health care system.
- A Health Care Proposal: A proposal for low-cost health care for Americans.
- US Taxation: An overview of the tax system in the US.
- US Tax System History: An account of the evolution of the US tax system over the years.
- Taxation and Justice: Find out how proper taxation can contribute to social justice.
- Why Tax the Rich?: Article that explains how taxing the rich can benefit the poor.
- Poverty and Taxation: An analysis of the effects of taxation on poverty levels in the US from 1960 to 2006.
- Tax Statistics: Statistical information on various types of taxes that are paid to the Inland Revenue Service.
- EEOC: Official website of the US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
- What is Affirmative Action?: Learn about affirmative action from this article.
- Origins of Affirmative Action: A timeline of the history of affirmative action.
- Affirmative Action Pros and Cons: Discussion on the advantages and disadvantages of affirmative action.
- Equal Employment Opportunity Laws: Links to websites that offer information about equal employment opportunity laws, cases, and other resources.
- Fair Employment Project: An organization that is committed to promoting fair employment.
- Religious Rights: An article that provides a good description of religious rights.
- Religious Freedom: Learn about the government’s commitment to religious freedom.
- Religious Discrimination: List of laws that protect Americans against religious discrimination.
- Religion and Public Life: Selection of articles that discuss various issues concerning religion and public life.
- Separation of Church and State: Find out why separation is beneficial to both the government and the church.
- Church-State Separation Articles: Collection of articles that discuss the separation of the church and the state.
Social Justice Resources
- Social Justice and Social Work: An overview of the importance of social justice principles in social work.
- Center for Social Justice: An organization that is dedicated to promoting social justice around the world.
- Equal Justice Society: A national organization of advocates, scholars, and individuals that promotes positive social change.
- International Society for Justice Research: An international society that is committed to conducting research on social justice.
- Social Justice Resources: List of websites that contain a variety of information on social justice.
- Women and Social Justice: Resource page with links to information about women and social justice.
POSTED BY: ec_admin - May 12th, 2010 at 03:43pm ( 0 )