Social Work Degrees
– Why Choose UNE?
There are many reasons to choose the University of New England’s Master of Social Work over similar social work degrees:
- Innovative Education – The master’s degree in social work helps to prepare students for advanced practice as professional social workers. The master’s degree online option features the same comprehensive education and courses that are delivered on campus, with the convenience and innovation of an online learning environment. Develop the skills you’ll need to play an active role creating positive outcomes in health and mental health, alcohol and substance abuse, poverty and public welfare, women’s and children’s services, domestic violence, homelessness, and other emerging areas of need.
- Delivered Online – The online interface and course delivery system allows students to earn their MSW degree on their schedule. With access from anywhere with a connection to the Internet, the School of Social Work provides its thorough and in-depth Master of Social Work program to working professionals, and active students from around the world. Students are encouraged to interact as they would on campus via direct online interaction with instructors and other students.
- Open to a Range of Students – Social workers are passionate about helping others, and the School of Social Work realizes that caring people come from a variety of different educational backgrounds. That’s why the Master of Social Work online option is open to any student holding a bachelor’s degree who is interested and passionate about helping other people and making the world a better place to live. This diverse range of students can help create better social workers and bring new and powerful insight into the profession.
- Accreditation is Important – When your goal is to become a licensed social worker, accreditation is very important. The University of New England is regionally accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) which means if you chose to pursue your doctorate, your degree will be accepted at other regionally accredited universities. The School of Social Work is also accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE), which is responsible for developing national accreditation standards for social work education. If you graduate from a CSWE accredited school you may qualify for your license to practice social work.
- Prepares You for Licensure – The goal of UNEs MSW degree is to prepare students with the knowledge and skills they’ll need to become a licensed social worker, and build a career helping others. The only way to become a licensed social worker is to begin by earning your degree from a CSWE accredited school like UNE. Our Master of Social Work online option is CSWE accredited and designed as an accelerated and comprehensive online education.
- Academic Excellence – In 2010, U.S. News & World Report has recognized UNE as one of the “Best Universities” in the North that offer “a full range of undergraduate and master’s programs.”
POSTED BY: ec_admin - November 16th, 2009 at 10:46pm ( 45 )